The East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District is offering a series of free neighborhood Rain Garden 101 workshops beginning March 17th. Rain gardens are not only a beautiful conversation sparking addition to your landscape, they also help to restore our overloaded urban streams. Participants of the workshops will learn how to:
- Assess their site to decide best location & size
- Calculate impervious surfaces
- Determine soil suitability
- Choose appropriate plants
- Maintain their new rain garden
The workshop will include a trip to a nearby rain garden, a take home comprehensive rain garden manual, and a chance to have a professional answer all your rain garden questions.
For more information and to RSVP, visit www.emswcd.org.